Saturday, May 16, 2015

You Will Stumble

There will be days where you will not only want the doughnut but you'll eat the doughnut. You'll not only want the cake, but you'll eat TWO slices. 'Just one of them days that a girl goes through...' Yes this will happen.


The key to a stumble or a fumble is how you recover. What do you do after you eat the cake? After the doughnuts have traveled down your esophagus what is your next decision?


This next step will clearly show you where you are in your weight loss journey. Many stumble and then become frustrated and choose to continue to stumble the remainder day. The key is to excuse yourself the stumble and pick yourself back up again. Allow yourself a cheat meal or a cheat snack once a week. But a cheat day is not beneficial for you or your journey.


But what about holidays?  Some of you are thinking, 'but what the crap Tiffany? I just ate all day for Mother's Day'. Excuse yourself. It is ok, do not be so hard on yourself. It happens for all of us, even the most healthy of eaters have their days. I blew it on Mother's Day this year. However, I am also aware that it would've been so much worse a few month ago. I began my day with scrambled egg whites on a whole wheat English muffin and turkey bacon. Lunch was a disaster with red velvet cake, pound cake, vegetable fried rice, steamed broccoli, cranberry sauce and rotisserie chicken. Completely out of control! Never do I eat like this anymore. However, I share this with you so that you know that I am not perfect. For dinner, I had a bowl of fruit. Why? Because I totally bombed out for one meal and ate enough for several meals, but I was not gonna let it ruin my entire meal plan for the day. I picked myself back up and kept it moving, You can to!

Recognize your success in the midst of your stumble. It is not failure! Failure means you've given up. You have not given up! You are in this to win this. You won't stop until you've reached your goal. Believe that,  believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment