Monday, April 20, 2015

Refuse to Give Up. Start Today


My Dad was a track coach during my high school years. I joined his team during my freshmen year hoping that because he was my Father that I therefore inherited his skills in this area. However, I quickly realized that this was not the case. I remember asking permission from my parents to quit the team as I wasn't making any progress. However, they informed me that I was not allowed to quit in the middle of the season. Through this experience, my parents taught me that year, that you finish whatever you start to the best of your ability. "It doesn't matter how slow you go, just as long as you don't stop".

Often times we give up in the middle of our weight loss journey. We give up for many reasons. For some we blame it on our schedules, for others we blame it on lack of progress, and then they are some of us who find the journey too hard. Improvement of any kind require change. A healthier version of you is gonna require a change in lifestyle and in your daily routine, but it is a change that you won't regret, I certainly don't.

One of the most crucial aspects of weight loss is getting your body moving. In the beginning I simply began by doing 7 minute workouts in the morning or evening. I soon realized I was capable of more than 7 minutes and increased my cardio time. After about a week my friends saw what I was doing and invited me to run with them in the morning. I began running for about 10 to 12 minuets, 3 times a week (maybe I didn't completely give up on track). Ultimately, the key is staying motivated. .


What is your goal? 
What do you want? 
Why are you doing this? 
Write it down.

Then stand up,
do 7 minutes, then do 14, and before you know it 
you've done a 21 minute workout.
Believe me when I tell you, you are more
than capable. 
You can do this!
Remember, you are worth it!

Finally, don't do this alone! Talk to a friend and find or develop a support group. Next post, I will share about my own support group, including a fall challenge group that my friend Marisa organized, Come back for more about that as well as some free and easy workout resources that I found online.

No comments:

Post a Comment